~ Be Better ~
The Art of Learning: Studying Effectively
It happens often that we feel that studying is boring and get frustrated over little things. But all we need is the right direction to study effectively. Just studying and studying effectively are two different things. When you are effective in studies, you are successful in producing a desired result; which means that you cover the target/ goals within the stipulated time frame you have set for the same. There are no predetermined methods or guidelines for studying effectively. Therefore, before understanding how to study effectively, one should analyze and understand his/her capacity and uniqueness. We all have different styles and ways of doing things. Some people find it easier to learn by-heart the notes; whereas some find it difficult. Therefore in understanding yourself and your capacity, you are discovering unique ways of studying. You should also understand that studying right is an art in itself. Once you discover the right way of doing it, you are all set to achieve the best results for your next exam.
You can be smarter at studies by following these effective study habits:
- The most important thing in achieving this would be to change your attitude towards studies. Studying should not be considered as a task but instead as a process of enjoyment. Also you need not study for hours on a single topic, but instead dedicate yourself and focus on the topic with no other distractions.
- The next important aspect would be to start getting organized. And when it comes to getting organized, you should have a dedicated study area, a proper time table, etc. You may also try to create a homework planner, wherein you enlist all the homework, projects, assignments, exams, etc. By having a planner you can easily align your time and effort to the works of higher priority besides the fact that you won’t miss out on any major submissions.
- Being organized is also related to proper time management. Based on the knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses, you should allocate time for each subject. Always set goals before studying; by setting the goal, you are targeting to cover certain number of modules in a fixed time. Don’t overwhelm yourself with the amount of topics to be covered. Instead, list down all the topics and prioritize the topics based on importance.You should also understand that your brain needs rest after every 20-30 minutes of concentrated work; during the break you may walk around, stretch yourself, or treat yourself with your favorite snacks.
- In the process of learning, don’t forget your creativity. Kick start your creative side, and draw some beautiful relationship charts, schematic diagrams, flow charts, etc. correlating your topic of study in the sequence of turn of events. This way you can understand the events easily and grasp it at once. You may also use colors to highlight important facts and figures.
- Also it is advisable to prepare personalized notes while studying. It is evident that the notes prepared not only help in retaining the learning for a longer time but also save time during revision sessions. However it is necessary that we devise an effective way of taking notes for ourselves. Notes can be creative; it can be a series of words which will unfold the major learning.
- Lastly, the best way to learn is to teach somebody. Teaching somebody gives a better grasp of the topics learned. The process of teaching provides the scope of questioning the facts studied by us. Also the involvement of other people and shared knowledge reduces the risk of mistakes and covers the gaps which might have occurred at individual level.
Learning is a process, in which you enrich your mind and soul with knowledge. Once you grasp the art of studying effectively, there is no need to panic about the big test coming up; besides that you will score very well for the same.